Brain Aneurysm

Brain Aneurysm
Click on this picture for another good website

Labels

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3/23/2011-3/25/2011 VA Hospital

James spent the first night in SICU with close supervision by the nurses and good doctor updates.  The doctor was concerned about the excessive bleeding on the right side due to calcification of the iliac artery. The surgeon said two doctors applied pressure for 45 minutes trying to stop the bleeding and there is a chance that they may need to go back in if the bleeding began again.  He was hungry and awake.  The lounge on 5th floor has soft recliners and couches with wide screen TVs.  The next day he was moved to 4th floor.  Past experiences had me recommending James' IVs and catheter being removed as soon as possible.  Also I requested a patch, but James was up roaming before the patch could be approved,  He sent me to get him coffee.  When I took the elevator to the basement canteen, I found him walking down the hall.  His pants were wet.  I guess when he got on the elevator the downward pressure forced the urine out for the first time since the catheter was removed.  I took him back to the room and told him I was going to get coffee from the vending machine down the hall.  I found him walking again on my way back. I asked his nurse if I could push him outside to smoke and maybe he would settle the nurse agreed.  They assigned him 1-1 care but James told me to lean back in a chair and put my feet up on the other, so I spent the night assuming he wanted me near.      On 2/25/2011 they dismissed him around 1:00.  Yep, we are all relaxing at home.    He wanted to go to the Waffle House and spent a couple of hours talking to a friend.   He slept until dinner and now is on the phone talking to a friend in Mt Vernon.   He's Very purple moving slowly or very little but acting normal.     

No comments:

Post a Comment